Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Jesus the Conductor

We had the best morning today!  We drove up to our friends house and hung out, played outside, had a really great lunch and just enjoyed everyone's company.  On the way home, Ryan wanted to see a train that is moving. Here is the conversation...

R: Those trains aren't moving.  I want to see a train that moves.
M. I am sorry Ryan, I am not a conductor so I can make the trains go
Long Pause
R.  Jesus is a conductor
M:  Really?  Jesus?
R.  Yes, Jesus is a conductor and if I call to Him really loud then He would make a train move
M.  We can try, do you want to call Him?
R:  Yes, really loud
M: Ok you call Him and see if He answers
R: No Mom, not right now, when we get home
M: Ok
About 5 minutes later a train is moving over a bridge we have to go under
M: Look Ryan!  Jesus heard you and He made a train move so you could see it!
R:  That makes me really happy Mommy that Jesus made the train move
M:  I know buddy, me too!

I thought that was the sweetest thing ever, I had to share.  I have no idea how I am going to explain to him that in the future if the trains aren't moving it isn't because Jesus heard him, but for right now, I felt what it feels like to have child-like faith, that anything can happen!

No comments: